RSS feeds have been around for a very long time. Long before the buzz word, Web 2.0 was ever uttered. In the high and far off times, one subscribed through an email client and the resultant feeds read sort of like communal email messages. Boring. No pictures apart from the ones you conjured in your head as you read along. I used to subscribe, along with my fellow Tales From the Wonderzone authors, to my editor, Julie Czerneda's newsgroup. We would share life's tidbits with each other, quite prolific at times as is the case with we writerly types. I actually miss the simplicity of it. Since then, real life has stepped in between me and my creative side, I'm afraid. I haven't given up the thought that perhaps someday I will find the time to revisit my fictional side.
Yet, I digress...
For this exercise, I have chosen to subscribe to Wet Paint's Castle Latest News feed. That way I can keep up with all the latest gossip and spoilers for the up and coming fourth season of my favourite TV show!
I then decided I should move in a more cerebral direction. I found a great feed that caters to us greenhorn Apple programmers. A so-called 'pretentious Mac snob' now myself for nearly two years, and having, as I said before, dipped my toe into the PC programming sea, I thought it time to take the plunge on the Mac side. I haven't really had a chance to look too deeply into this Mac App Storm feed, but plan to as soon as time permits.
Lastly, I added a very popular feed that showcases plugins for Adobe Photoshop image editing software. This Smashing Magazine feed is cluttered with advertising, but once you sift through that, you find some real gems! I shared this one.
Man, I miss the spell checker built into my Mac OS and browser... I am writing this on my son's PC and having to copy the text herein into MS Word to check spelling is such a hassle! Yes, and thus the justly-earned moniker above... LOL...

No comments:
Post a Comment